Monday 14 May 2012

Birthday, Blood Sugars, Weight Gain

Well I've neglected my blog for a couple of weeks thanks to having a few blips with my diabetes and its been my birthday.

A couple of weeks ago I had a few episodes of low blood sugar dizziness which really worried me as it was the first time its ever happened to me. The first one happened at work after spending a morning in meetings I had my lunch then started to get quite dizzy, I knew something was wrong so I checked my blood sugars and they were around 4 which the lowest I have ever seen them. I got a bit worried but I had something sweet to bring them up and I started feeling much better. So the second, third, fourth, and fifth time it happened I was not as worried but I'm still concerned so I will be mentioning to my consultant when I see him next.

I had last week off work as it was my 25th birthday last Tuesday and I went back home to Bridlington and spent it with my family as it was also my Nan's birthday. I had a lovely few days catching up with my family and popping in for a cuppa with my best mate. I got lots of Yankee Candles, a new handbag and matching purse, earrings, money, a wire cupcake stand and my Nan had made me an apron.

So today was my first day back at work and my first meeting at Weight Watchers for 2 weeks. Work was OK a bit of a shock after having a week off but I managed it. As for tonight's weigh in I have gained 5lbs in the past two weeks but I am drawing a line under and tomorrow is a new day .

No comments:

Post a Comment