Friday 22 January 2016

2nd Weigh In & Exercise

2nd weigh this week and I maintained. Bit disappointed I haven’t lost anything but I think I know what it was. This past week I have been eating bread a bit more than I would usually so this week I am going to cut back on the bread and hopefully this will get me back in the losing zone. Since Christmas I’ve also had a thing for anything sweet. I’ve been eating two or three sugar free sweets every night so I’m also going to cut these out. You know before Christmas I hadn’t had any sweets/chocolate since August then on Christmas day I decided to ‘treat’ myself to 2 chocolates and since that fateful day I don’t think there has been a day that I haven’t had at least 1 sweet.

 

I’m also going to try moving a bit more. I’m an administrator so from 9-5 every day I am sat in at my desk and don’t really get up much. So I am going to make more of an effort to move more, whether that be making excuses to get away from my desk i.e. taking the post or making drinks for everyone. A friend of mine is going to start attending Zumba in February and she’s asked if I would like to join her. I’ve said yes. The only thing that puts me off is the fact that it is on a Sunday but I’ve said I’ll go with her and I’m not going to back out now. Also I’ve done Zumba in the past and I really enjoyed it – not sure why I stopped going.

 

I’ve taken the plunge and signed up for the gym. With my NHS discount its £28 a month and I’m not tied into a contract just have to give a months’ notice to cancel. On Wednesday I went and did 20 minutes on the treadmill, 10 minutes on the bike, 5 minutes on the cross trainer (and decided I didn’t like it) and finished off with 5 minutes on the treadmill. Then I went into the pool and did a couple of lengths and realised that having not been swimming for over 7 years that I need a lot of practice. Finished off the visit with 20 minutes in the hot tub.

 

I went back to the gym on Thursday and it was really busy so I only did 15 minutes on the treadmill, 5 minutes on the rowing machine and 5 minutes on the bike. Then I managed to do a few more lengths than I managed on Wednesday.


I'm proud of the fact I've made an effort to do something rather than sitting on my fat arse every night after work.

 

My husband has got Saturday off work, which is very unusual and so far we haven’t made any decisions on what to do. I asked him if there was any he fancied doing and got no reply so guess it’s up to me to decide.


My current goal is to lose 20lbs by May. So over the next 14 weeks I need to lose an average of 1.5lbs. I think that is an achievable target for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment